Documentation Process for International Students

    Candidates need to fill out online application form when it is available


Minimum Documents required for all international students:


1. Petition to the Rector *(or online application).

2. High school, University diploma and Academic transcript notarized translated into English language.

You must provide the original of all the necessary documents at the time of registration. No copies are accepted. Otherwise your application will not be evaluated.

3. Health certificate*

No application will be processed until health certificate is provided. Only originals will be accepted.

4. Copy of the passport or ID card*

Copy of passport or ID card should be clear enough. Passports/IDs with unclear or excessively dark images will not be accepted.

5. Passport size photo*

Photo should be passport size and be taken within the last 6 months maximum.

6. Reference letters

Students are required to submit at least 2 reference letters. Only signed and notarized (sealed) originals will be accepted.

7. Language requirements

All students must have an good command of English. Students whose mother tongue is not English, who do not have secondary or post-secondary qualifications  taught in English, or who have not spent a minimum of one year studying at university level in English, must provide a certificate to prove their mastery of English.

8. Curriculum Vitae (CV) (only for Postgraduate and Ph.D. candidates)

Please make sure that your Curriculum Vitae includes your personal information, educational background, skills/abilities and hobbies/interests.

9. Statement of Purpose (only for Postgraduate and Ph.D candidates)

Statement of Purpose should include the major you are willing to study, your supportive ideas why you want to study in that specific field, and also your thoughts on how you think it will contribute to your future.

Note: Documents should be in English. If you are a citizen of a non-English speaking country, please have your documents translated and notarized in an official notary office.




 For Master and Ph.D. candidates:

Foreign citizens and those without a citizenship can apply for the master departments only demanding tuition fees (if there is no exception in the legislature or in the agreement between the countries). Foreigners and non-citizens are supposed to take examination on the language that they’re going to study in. In case the admitted student submits a certificate on that language, he/she will not take the exam. Foreign citizens and those without citizenship, who studied in Azerbaijani language in their previous education, can continue their education in Azerbaijani language without taking language exam at Baku Engineering University.


Moreover, they are interviewed in Master and Ph.D. Departments. Foreign citizens and those without citizenship can get more information from Master and Ph.D. Departments’ websites. Foreigners’ documents, who have dual or Azerbaijani citizenship, will not be accepted.







*Documents of foreign citizens with dual citizenship will not be accepted.

*People with Nationality of Azerbaijan: They must submit a certificate of affiliation for registration beforehand